THE chocolate chip cookies

My far and away favorite recipe from my family's baking arsenal is the chocolate chip cookie. Two or three dozen cookies usually last two or three days in our house. They are just that good.

DSC_8942


The below recipe has been passed through my mother's family, appearing at family picnics, graduation parties, and late night conversations over coffee. I make this recipe when I feel particularly home sick and need a smell to bring me to my mother's kitchen.

DSC_8844

Here is the step by step tutorial. The success of these cookies is dependent on adding the ingredients in the right order and the right way, so follow the directions carefully.

Start by beating the sugars and unsalted butter until creamy. While the mixture is beating, combine and mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl and set to the side.


DSC_8610

Beat until the mixture looks like this...

DSC_8618

Add the eggs, one at a time, until fully combined.

DSC_8624

The batter should look like this.

DSC_8624

Add your dry ingredients gradually. I usually spoon several tablespoons at a time until fully combined.

DSC_8647

Add in the vanilla extract.

DSC_8650

Manually mix in semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips, I usually use an entire 12 ounce bag, depending on taste.

DSC_8660

Form cookies and place on greased baking sheet or sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.

DSC_8677

Remove cookies from baking sheet and transfer to cooling rack immediately. Once cooled, pour some milk and bite into a cookie so good that you'll keeping grabbing for more and more.

DSC_8730

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients

  1. 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  2. 1 teaspoon baking soda
  3. 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
  4. 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  5. 1/4 cup sugar
  6. 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
  7. 2 large eggs
  8. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  9. 12 ounces semisweet (or special dark) chocolate chips

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients (ingredients 1 through 3) and set aside
  3. In a stand alone mixer, beat the butter and sugars until creamy
  4. Add eggs
  5. Slowly add the dry ingredients, mixing and scraping the sides as you go
  6. Add in the vanilla extract
  7. Manually mix in chocolate chips and scoop batter onto cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes

3 comments:

  1. This has become my hands-down favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. The texture is fantastic--I'm all about a super soft chocolate chip cookie. They make great ice cream sandwiches as well. And, between you and me, the dough is fabulous straight from the freezer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add say "eggs one at a time" but the picture shows two yolks in the bowl... what gives?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cookies look fabulous.

    I am a friend of Rich's Mom...she told me about your site...it is great.

    I am looking for your peach recipe...I don't see it...will check out your archive.

    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete