recipe: raw vegetable salsa

I made my mother's signature salsa yesterday for lunch. It's clean, colorful, and the perfect compliment to a Spicy Black Bean burger from Morningstar... or just by itself by the spoonful.

DSC_7675


Even red-meat-loving Richie enjoyed it.

Richie BW

DSC_7661

My Mom's Vegetable Salsa

Ingredients
3 ripe tomatoes
1 yellow pepper
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 red onion
1 can organic black beans
1 bag frozen white corn (optional, I left this out above)
2 limes (juiced)
1-2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Bunch of cilantro
Salt and Pepper to taste

Chop the tomatoes, peppers, red onion and cilantro. Mix into a large serving bowl. Drain and rinse black beans and add to the mixture. Add frozen white corn to mixture. Squeeze the juice out of the two limes and add the lime juice and olive oil to the salsa. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or refrigerate for a few hours before serving.

3 comments:

  1. I appreciate the write and the real insight of the writer on the subject. well done free movie online

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There! I Like the way your writing your blog.. I strongly recommend your blog to my friends. Great ReaD! Nice article Composition.


    criminal case cheats
    dragon city hack
    marketland hack tool

    ReplyDelete